Unless you’re a sleeper, which I am not when it comes to confining myself in a small little seat with little or no leg room. I am talking about the times when you’re in the air, flying from somewhere to somewhere. If you can’t sleep, I think the next best thing to do is catch up on all the movies – ranging from C- to A+, from Bollywood to Hollywood, British sitcoms to American sitcoms.
That’s what I did day before yesterday. Watched 2 Oscar nominated films, 2 stupid but funny movies, 1.5 Bollywood movies! Wow! Hard to believe how much watching you can do just to distract you from the discomforts of flying Economy and making a 10+ hour long journey.
I am finally almost caught up on my Oscar nominated list of movies of 2010. With the exception of The King’s Speech and Inception, I watched every movie on DVD.
- King’s Speech (5 stars)
- True Grit (3.5 stars)
- The Fighter (4 stars)
- The Social Network (4.5 stars)
- Toy Story 3 (5 stars)
- Inception (4 stars)
- 127 Hours (I plan on watching it on my way back)
- 30 Rock (American, 4.5 stars) I am a huge fan of Tina Fey
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S (I can never get tired of watching this American sitcom, 5 stars)
- The IT Crowd (British sitcom, 4 stars)
- Billable Hours (never caught it on TV, only on the plane and Netflix – a DVD subscription company, 3.5 stars)