Summer sun, warm temperatures, long days means it is time to get out those skirts and flip flops out… I am looking forward to a fun filled summer….. However, with the temperatures rising it is essential to keep the body hydrated and cool. Speaking of cool, I tried this delicious cucumber salad a few days ago. It was so good that I had to share it with you all.
Before I go on to the recipe, here are some cool facts about the cucumber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Some fiber
- Cooling effect
- Cucumber water can be used on swellings and irritated skin to soothe the inflammation
The recipe is a mix of recipes from food.com and eatingwell.com.
- 1 medium sized japanese or regular cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (or as per your liking)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (I used more because I love sesame seeds – it’s totally your call)
Toss all the ingredients except the sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well.
I let it marinate in the fridge for 3 hours before consuming. However this is not a requirement, if you wish you can consume it right after making it also. But I strongly recommend letting it marinate for a couple of hours at least.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds before serving. Enjoy! 🙂