For better or for worse, our smartphones have taken over our lives. Necks pointing down, thumbs always engaged, swiping left, right, up and down. I am not kidding when I say this.. last year I was out on a morning run and as I waited to to cross at a traffic light I noticed a woman standing right next to me watching Netflix on her phone while walking. When the crosswalk sign was on, instead of running off I decided to slow down and observe her. She did not take her eyes off that screen even while she was in the middle of this huge intersection crossing the road.
I digress slightly from the main point but while it’s amazing to have everything available all the time in our digital lives, it’s important we not be addicted to it. Of course, all of this tech revolution has improved our lives too. Ultimately it’s up to us how we use anything in our lives – to improve ours and others’ lives or to make it worse.
In the spirit of making things better, giving our eyes and minds some rest there is an app I highly recommend – available in most countries and on most OS types.
It’s an app called InSight Timer
- It’s an app for meditation – guided and silent.
- It has a community feature and there are thousands of people around the globe using it
- It has some really neat features such as location based stats on who is meditating along with you.
- You can set daily reminders for meditation
- You can set the time you want to meditate for, starting bell, ending bell, interval bell etc..
- Best of all, it is FREE!!!!!! FREE!!!!
Click on the title or the image to visit their website.
Give it a try, if you don’t like it don’t use it but you’ll never know if you don’t try. Happy Friday y’all!